Friday, January 21, 2011

Miss Fancy Pants


The first thing you may notice when seeing my version of Audrey's capri pants is........ well, they are not at all like them! I must say they are not oozing grace, but I feel like they have a little playful charm of their own. In the end they seemed more to be channeling a sixties sugar babe look. My brother on the other hand, always caring to share his opinions, noted "you look like a bad Eurovision contestant" - don't listen Audrey!


On the plus side the pattern was a dream to work with. It took a little fiddling to get right, but once I made it through the "why is the crotch so saggy?" stage it was all down hill from there. I used a a stretch drill that I already had and a zip I picked up at a second had store so all in all there wasn't much to lose.


I am very pleased with the way these turned out, and come fall I can see myself riding my bike around town in array of brightly coloured pants and even a tartan pair in the winter with a black turtle neck.

With this pattern taking around 2 hours on average to make, I can see it becoming a wardrobe staple - Thanks BurdaStyle!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...