Friday, October 7, 2011

It's a Love/Hate relationship


Dear Pom Pom Trim,

I know our relationship is relatively new. It was love at first sight. There are so many things about you that I love so much. But you also have your faults. Don't get me wrong, no one is perfect.

I love your playfulness, the way that you add instant charm and colour. I love your flexibility, and how you lend yourself to any project without complaint. I can add you to clothing, cushions, napkins, accessories, swimwear; in fact you just about compliment anything. I love your retro chic attitude and that you are bold and out there, no question about it. These are your qualities that I appreciate so much.

Sometimes I find you frustrating though. I think its the way you bounce and dance around on the sewing machine. I understand that this part can be tedious, but your inability to stay still drives me bonkers. Its this erratic behaviour that sometimes gets your fluffy soft pom poms jammed under my needle. This I do apologize for; I try my best to spare you this fate, but its a two way street. We need to work together in order to succeed.

Please don't take offence. After much deliberation I have decided to love you despite your flaws and the frustrations you present me with. I want to assure you that there will always be a place for you in my haberdashery box.

Sincerely  yours,

Molly x

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that's love!I am so touched with the sweet thoughts you said.
    I have a great time reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...